Information for assessors
To help bring more trusted apps and digital tools on to the NHS Apps Library, we're looking for approved assessors to carry out assessments on our behalf. If your organisation has the qualifications required for this important role, we would like to hear from you
Benefits of becoming an assessor
- raise the profile of your organisation by becoming one of NHS Digital's approved assessors
- develop expert knowledge of the standards digital health solutions must meet and provide expert advice to anyone building a product
- advise commissioners on the assessment standards that the products they commission should meet
- help increase the number of trusted products on the Apps Library, empowering patients and members of the public to take better control of their healthcare
Things we are working on:
- designing an approved assessor badge to show an organisation is authorised to carry out assessments on behalf of NHS Digital
- a list of approved assessors where developers can choose an organisation to help them through our assessment process
How we assess
Our Digital Assessment Questions make sure only safe and secure apps and digital tools are published on the Apps Library. Find out more about the assessment process here.
Become an assessor
We are currently in the process of onboarding potential assessors as part of an initial pilot of up to six organisations. We anticipate the second and third waves will commence in July and October 2019.